Tuesday, November 11, 2008

NZSU Christmas Challenge

Well I like to give credit where due and this creation below is not an original design of mine.
It came from a lady by the name of Brenda Quintana from Splitcoaststampers for the link to get the template check this out.

I decided to participate in my first NZSU challenge.
The challenge was to make anything Christmas related - but - it can't be a card. It can be a box, a tag, a bag, a decoration, it's up to us.So me being me got on to Splitcoaststampers and found this awesome template. I printed it off and traced it on to the Garden green A4 paper.
I coloured the main image using markers and then the huffing technique.
This allows you to get different parts of the image different colours.

Over the top using the stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped with Versamark and then covered the image with dazzling diamonds.
I am quiet happy with the end result and it was real easy to make.

So here is my attempt at the challenge.



Materials:
Stamps: Season of Joy & Circle of Friendship
Cardstock: Garden Green, Real Red & Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black Marker, Real Red Marker, Garden Green Marker, Brilliant Blue Marker, Summer Sun Marker
Others: Real Red 1/4" grosgrain, Stamp-a-ma-jig, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch & 1/8" circle punch


Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Rachael Knight said...

Very nice work Catherine! Your blog is beautifully laid out, I really like it. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!

Jenny said...

Oh I recognise that! Thank you so much for giving it to me