Thursday, January 17, 2008

This week was a week to test us...

Wow, what a week we have had.
So it started off that after alot of discussion from friends and family and Otis that I would maybe start apply for another job.
Yes thats right you heard correctly for those friends who don't quite believe as I have said this many of times.
So I got onto the web on Sunday 6th Jan and applied for three jobs (one was two positions within one company).
One application closed on the 7th Jan and the other on the 31st Jan.
So this week I got outcomes on both positions I applied for. The position that closed on the 7th Jan I found out by email that I had the skills but they did not want to take me further which a bit disappointing but okay.
However the for the other one I recieved a call on Tuesday 8th Jan asking that they would like me to come in for an 1/2 day interview which was exciting.

So that was end of last week, now here is the testing week.

So the week starts off with us recieveing a letter from our landlord to advised that our rent is going up in price in 60 days.
So after long discussion we have decided to stay, however this has our plans of buying a house at the end of the year on the back foot but I am hoping that we will still be able to di this.

Then the job interview was on tuesday afternoon and man what an interview and everything that I could do wrong went wrong and everything I had in my mind went blank.
So I came out of that interview feeling pretty horrible, then I get to my car to find that my car had be clamped. YES CLAMPED.
It was not my fault there was no signs.
I tried to disbute it but was advised that if I didn't they would tow my car and then it would cost me $300.00, so I had to pay $150.00 to get my car back.

Then Tuesday night Otis spent the whole night up with tooth ace, so I spent most of Wednesday getting him a dentist appointment.
I was lucky enough to get him an appointment for Thursday 17th Jan @ 8.40am.
So we get there and find the dentist is running late and we don't get in till 9am. Then we finally get in to find that Otis tooth ace is caused by a rotten tooth which needs to be pulled but before this can be done, otis needed to get a special whole head xray.
So a long story short by the time we do the appointment, get antibodics & the special xray it ends up costing us nearly $200.00.

ARG I really hope that nothing else goes pair shaped but who knows its only Thursday morning so who knows what may come of the rest of the week.
Thanks for reading

No comments: